Colin Walker is a native of New Orleans, where he began his acting career before moving to Los Angeles. In between New Orleans & Los Angeles he has studied and worked in Boston, Boulder and Santa Fe where he received a degree in acting & directing. A professionally trained actor, his career spans television, film, theatre, and commercials – he has been cast as everything from a cocky businessman to a vengeful cowboy to a tortured priest to a renegade cop (OK, he’s been a cop more times than he can count!). He’s worked with his share of Oscar, Emmy & Tony winners including Melissa Leo, David Morse, John Cusack, Forest Whitaker, & David Simon. Proud of his theater roots, he also started a theater company in the basement of a Santa Fe, NM coffee shop with acclaimed playwright Steven Adly Guirgis (who at the time was just another hungry young actor.)
- Lived in Boston the last two times the Red Sox lost the World Series.
- Lived in Santa Fe, NM for years.
- Has met Fidel Castro.
- Is an avid triathlete with an Ironman PR: 11:35 and a Marathon PR: 3:25.
- Cooks about 250 lbs of live crawfish every year at his home in Culver City.
- Born and raised in New Orleans and from a family that has been in Louisiana since the 1700’s and has a town named after his family.
- Surfs goofy footed and favorite spots include Zero’s or Salsipuedes (Baja).
- Has climbed the highest peak in contiguous United States.
- Can play “Rocky Racoon” and a few other tunes on the guitar.
- Knows when he’s being insulted in English, French, Spanish and Lakota.
- Is a certified “minister” and has married 3 couples (In New Orleans, DC and Kauai)
- Past day jobs have included: Ice-cream man, Psych ward tech, ditch digger, life guard, union propmaker (IATSE Local 44!), waterski instructor, dishwasher, and best of all- Dad.
- Became a friend of Bill W’s on 4/1/87.
- Built his own house in Culver City.
|Devil’s Due||Supporting||Radio Silence / Fox|
|The Butler||Supporting||Lee Daniels / TWC|
|Callie’s Rhythm||Lead||J. Soller|
|The Coma Ward||Lead||A. Posten|
|Abel Edwards||Supporting||St. Soderbergh: ExProd|
|On Monday the Movers Came||Lead||Melissa Timme|
|Lightening Jack||Featured||Savoy Pictures|
|Dry Ice||Lead||Pilot Films|
|Treme||Recurring||HBO: dirs: A. Hemingway, E.Dickerson, R. Dawson|
|Young & Restless||Principle||CBS|
|Breakout Kings||Guest Star||A&E: Dir: Guy Ferland|
|Common Law||Co-Star||USA: Dir: Paul McCrane|
|The Defenders||Guest Star||CBS: Dir: Paul McCrane|
|Texas Ranger Murder Files||Lead||Pilot: Dir: T. Russel|
|The Unit||Co-Star||CBS: Dir: M. Zinberg|
|Days of Our Lives||Recurring||NBC|
|It’s A Miracle||Co-Star||PAX Network|
|Pacific Blue||Co-Star||USA Network|
|The Outlaw||Lead||Pecos Films|
THEATRE (PARTIAL LIST)
|Pony of Love||Man (lead)||Open Fist Theater (N. Labute World Premiere)|
|Wolf Inside the Fence †*||Harold (lead)||Open Fist Theater|
|Sorority Queen||Dennis (Lead)||Open Fist Theater|
|St. Joan and the Dancing Sickness||Ensemble||Open Fist Theater|
|Blue Night in The Heart of the West||Ensemble||Open Fist Theater|
|Because They Have No Words †||Ensemble||The Lounge|
|North Beach||Butch (Lead)||Trapdoor Ensemble|
|Sexual Perversity in Chicago||Bernie (Lead)||Blacksheep Ensemble|
|Dancing at Lughnasa||Gerry (Lead)||Greer Garson Theatre|
|Execution of Justice||Frank (Supporting)||Greer Garson Theatre|
|Boy’s Life||Don (Lead)||Blacksheep Ensemble|
|Only His Knees||Murphy (Lead)||Southern Rep. Theatre|
|Welcome To The Moon||Stephen (Lead)||Loyola Univ. Theatre|
|Orphans||Treat (Lead)||Dog & Pony Theatre|
|Huck Finn||Huck (Lead)||Le Petit Theatre|
|Cat’s Paw||Victor (Lead)||Actor’s Warehouse|
|Taming of the Shrew||Lucentio (Supporting)||Southwest Rep.|
|Cowboy Mouth||Slim (Lead)||UNO Theatre|
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
|BA (Acting)||College of Santa Fe – Tchrs: Karen Grassle, Jonathan Wacks, John Weckesser|
|Professional Training||Stephen Book, Lily Parker Ensemble|
|Commercial||Killian’s Workshop, Boise Thomas|
|Dialects: Southern (New Orleans, Cajun, Red Neck), New York, Boston, British, Irish, Scottish|
|Sports: Ironman, Marathoner, Baseball, Basketball, Surf, Water-ski, Certified Lifeguard|
|Other: Member OPEN FIST Theater Co. Outdoor survival, Guitar, Dance, Stage combat, Finish Carpenter, Creole Chef|
|† Best Ensemble Acting Nominee: Ovation & LA Weekly Awards. *Best Supporting Actor: La Weekly Awards|